98% would make again
Chicken Fajita Sweet Potato Skins
for 2 servings
- 2 sweet potatoes
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, sliced
- ½ green bell pepper, sliced
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, divided
- olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Calories 585
- Fat 20g
- Carbs 71g
- Fiber 11g
- Sugar 24g
- Protein 33g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Using a fork, poke holes down one side of each sweet potato. Microwave for 3-5 minutes, or until softened. Let sweet potatoes cool before handling.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half and carve out the centers, leaving a small rim around the outside of each “boat.”
- Place sweet potato boats on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Add the bell peppers and onion to the other side of the baking sheet.
- Mix the fajita seasoning ingredients together.
- Drizzle in olive oil. Season the boats and veggies.
- Add chicken breast on top of the veggies, drizzle in olive oil and add additional seasoning.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until chicken reaches 165˚F (75˚C). Let cool for a few minutes.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks and mix together with the veggies.
- Fill up sweet potato boats and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 5 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings (we used guacamole and cilantro).