Chicken Fajita Sweet Potato Skins
These colorful and satisfying sweet potato skins are filled with tender and juicy chicken fajita, topped with melted cheese and garnished with fresh cilantro and lime.
August 17, 2023
97% would make again
for 2 servings
- 2 sweet potatoes
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, sliced
- ½ green bell pepper, sliced
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, divided
- olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Calories 585
- Fat 20g
- Carbs 71g
- Fiber 11g
- Sugar 24g
- Protein 33g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Using a fork, poke holes down one side of each sweet potato. Microwave for 3-5 minutes, or until softened. Let sweet potatoes cool before handling.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half and carve out the centers, leaving a small rim around the outside of each “boat.”
- Place sweet potato boats on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Add the bell peppers and onion to the other side of the baking sheet.
- Mix the fajita seasoning ingredients together.
- Drizzle in olive oil. Season the boats and veggies.
- Add chicken breast on top of the veggies, drizzle in olive oil and add additional seasoning.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until chicken reaches 165˚F (75˚C). Let cool for a few minutes.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks and mix together with the veggies.
- Fill up sweet potato boats and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 5 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings (we used guacamole and cilantro).
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.