Chicken Fries Poutine
Take your poutine to the next level with these crispy chicken fries, topped with savory gravy and gooey cheese curds. It's a delicious and comforting dish that's perfect for any occasion.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
- 1 lb chicken breast (455 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- ½ teaspoon McCormick® ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour (75 g)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs (100 g)
- ½ cup vegetable oil (120 mL)
- 1 package McCormick® brown gravy mix
- 4 oz cheese curd (115 g)
- thinly sliced chive, for garnish
- Calories 863
- Fat 44g
- Carbs 57g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 56g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Slice the chicken into thin strips, about ½-inch (1 ¼ cm) wide, so that they resemble fries. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the white pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and salt. Add the flour and mix until well combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, beat the eggs. Add the panko to another medium bowl.
- Dredge the chicken strips in the flour-spice mixture, then dip in the egg, then the panko, pressing the bread crumbs onto the chicken to ensure even coverage.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet. Shallow-fry the chicken fries for 1–2 minutes on each side, until fully cooked and golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Cook the McCormick Brown Gravy Mix according to the package directions.
- Arrange half of the chicken fries on a platter or baking dish, then top with half of the cheese curds and a bit of the gravy. Top with the rest of the chicken fries, the remaining cheese curds, and gravy. Garnish with chives and serve immediately.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.