Chicken dinner takes a new shape with these savory meatballs! They’re baked, not fried, for a hands-off, mess-free meal. Serve over your favorite pasta and sauce, or alongside your favorite vegetables. Hint: Make a double batch and freeze half for another night!
for 14 meatballs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground chicken (455 g)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs (25 g)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (60 g)
- ½ cup fresh parsley (20 g), chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- pasta, cooked, for serving
- sauce of choice, for serving
- Calories 130
- Fat 7g
- Carbs 5g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 10g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and cook, stirring often, until softened and golden brown, about 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until aromatic, about 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and let the onion mixture cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, egg, panko, Parmesan, parsley, salt, pepper, and the onion mixture and use your hands to mix until just combined.
- Roll the chicken mixture into 1½-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheet, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake the meatballs until browned and cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve with pasta and sauce of your choice.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.