for 10 servings
- 3 chicken breasts
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (125 g)
- 5 eggs, divided
- 2 cups italian bread crumbs (230 g)
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 24 oz marinara sauce (680 g)
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese (150 g)
- 1 ½ cups shredded parmesan cheese (160 g)
- fresh basil, to garnish
- Calories 565
- Fat 22g
- Carbs 50g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 36g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Cut chicken breasts in half (pound thin if necessary) and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the flour, 4 eggs, and bread crumbs to 3 separate shallow dishes. Beat the eggs. Coat the chicken in the flour, then the eggs, and finally in the bread crumbs.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Fry the chicken on both sides until golden brown, about 4 minutes on each side. Let drain on paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta cheese and the remaining egg.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Spread about ⅓ of the marinara sauce over the bottom of a casserole dish. Top with 4 lasagna noodles, ½ of the ricotta mixture, and 3 chicken cutlets. Sprinkle with ½ cup of mozzarella and ½ cup of Parmesan cheese. Repeat to make another layer, then finish with the remaining sauce and mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45-60 minutes, uncovering the lasagna for the last 10 minutes of baking.
- Serve with a sprinkle of fresh basil.