for 4 servings
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup bread crumbs (60 g)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (50 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup mozzarella (50 g), shredded
- marinara sauce, for dipping
- Calories 365
- Fat 13g
- Carbs 20g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 37g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (190°C).
- Cut the chicken into strips.
- In one medium-sized bowl, mix the bread crumbs, parmesan, salt, and pepper.
- In another bowl, crack the eggs and whisk until scrambled.
- Coat the chicken in the egg, then in the bread crumbs, then repeat.
- Place the chicken tenders on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Sprinkle each tender with mozzarella and bake again for 5 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with marinara.