Chicken Parmesan Meatball Sub
Chicken Parm is transformed into a saucy, cheesy sandwich while McCormick® spices provide the perfectly spiced flavor profile.
June 05, 2023
95% would make again
for 4 servings
- ½ cup bread crumbs (55 g)
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 lb ground chicken (425 g)
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese (30 g), plus 2 tablespoons, divided, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon McCormick® Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon McCormick® Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- ¼ teaspoon McCormick® Parsley Flakes, plus more for garnish
- ¼ teaspoon McCormick® Basil Leaves, plus more for garnish
- ¼ teaspoon McCormick® Crushed Red Pepper
- 24 oz marinara sauce (705 g)
- 8 slices fresh mozzarella cheese, torn into pieces
- 4 French rolls, split lengthwise and toasted
- Calories 633
- Fat 28g
- Carbs 50g
- Fiber 10g
- Sugar 10g
- Protein 45g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the bread crumbs and milk and allow to soak for 5 minutes.
- To the bowl with the soaked bread crumbs, add the ground chicken, egg, ¼ cup Parmesan, McCormick® Garlic Powder, black pepper, salt, McCormick® Onion Powder, McCormick® Paprika, McCormick® Oregano Leaves, McCormick® Parsley Flakes, McCormick® Basil Leaves, and McCormick® Crushed Red Pepper and mix until well-combined.
- Roll the ground chicken mixture into 1½-inch balls (you should have about 12) and place in an 8-inch square baking dish. Pour the marinara sauce around the meatballs.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes, or until the meatballs are fully cooked through.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven and turn the broiler on high. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese and top with the mozzarella. Place under the broiler for 2–4 minutes, until the cheese is melted and browned in some places (watch closely so the cheese does not burn).
- Assemble the meatball subs: Scoop 3 meatballs and some of the marinara sauce onto each toasted roll. Sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese, McCormick® Parsley Flakes, and McCormick® Basil Leaves.
- Serve warm.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.