96% would make again
Chicken Pesto And Zucchini “Pasta”
featured in Low-Carb Zucchini "Pasta" 4 Ways
June 10, 2019
for 4 servings
- 4 cups fresh basil (160 g)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (110 g)
- ½ cup pine nuts (65 g)
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ lemon, juiced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ½ cup olive oil (120 mL)
- 3 zucchinis
- 1 cup cherry tomato (200 g)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- Calories 679
- Fat 55g
- Carbs 13g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 35g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a food processor, combine the basil, Parmesan, pine nuts, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Pulse until smooth texture. Set aside.
- With a vegetable peeler, shave ribbons of the zucchini until you reach the seeds. Set aside.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes and set aside.
- Heat a 4-quart jumbo cooker over medium-high. Add a little oil, the chicken breasts, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until the chicken is cooked through and browned on all surfaces.
- Turn off the heat and add the cherry tomatoes, pesto, and zucchini ribbons. Toss until well combined and heated through.