96% would make again
Chicken Pesto Pinwheels
featured in Easy Party Appetizers for the Lazy Cook
Inspired by the36thavenue.com
for 20 servings
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed if frozen
- ⅔ cup pesto sauce (170 g)
- 8 oz chicken (225 g), cooked, shredded
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese (50 g)
- kosher salt, to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Calories 218
- Fat 15g
- Carbs 11g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface to a 9x12-inch (23x30 cm) rectangles.
- Spread the pesto sauce over the sheets using a spatula or spoon. Top with the shredded chicken, Parmesan, and salt.
- Starting from a short end, carefully roll up the puff pastry to form logs.
- Slice the logs into ½-inch (1 cm) rounds and arrange them on the prepared baking sheet, spacing 1 inch (2 cm) apart. Brush with egg wash.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley, then serve.