82% would make again
featured in Tasty's Favorite Chicken Recipes!
for 4 servings
- 1 teaspoon Schwartz ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Schwartz paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 lb chicken thighs (1.3 kg)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lb baby potato (450 g), quartered
- 1 cup cherry tomato (200 g), halved
- ½ cup shallot (50 g), chopped
- 10 dried apricots, roughly chopped
- black pepper
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup almond (35 g), silvered, toasted
- Calories 795
- Fat 31g
- Carbs 57g
- Fiber 8g
- Sugar 25g
- Protein 72g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 190ºC (375ºF).
- Place all of the ingredients for the spice rub in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Place chicken thighs in a large bowl and coat with the spice rub.
- Heat a very large cast iron skillet and drizzle in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. 5. Place seasoned chicken thighs skin-side down and cook until the skin is brown and crispy, about 4–5 minutes. Then flip the thighs over and brown the other side for 4 minutes. Remove chicken from the pan.
- In a large bowl, add baby potatoes, cherry tomatoes, shallots, and apricots. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix until evenly coated.
- Place the vegetables into the bottom of the tagine and arrange the chicken, skin-side up, around the top, wedging a slice of lemon between each piece of chicken.
- Place the lid on the tagine and place in the oven for 1 hour and 40 minutes, or until chicken is 165ºF (75ºC) and falls off the bone.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and toasted almond slivers.