75% would make again
Chicken Tikka Masala Rice Bites
Bite into a flavor explosion with these Chicken Tikka Masala Rice Bites! Perfect for parties or a fun dinner twist, these little gems pack a punch of Indian-inspired deliciousness.
May 05, 2023
for 2 servings
- 1 box Deep Indian Kitchen Chicken Tikka Masala
- 2 tablespoons small red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons small jalapeño, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro (10 g), thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (50 g)
- 3 cups panko bread crumbs (345 g), divided
- 3 eggs, divided
- canola oil, for frying
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, for garnish
- Calories 958
- Fat 33g
- Carbs 128g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 39g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Remove Deep Indian Kitchen Chicken Tikka Masala from the box, puncture the film with a fork 3 times, and microwave for 2 minutes. Remove chicken and dice into small pieces. Put the diced chicken into a medium-sized bowl with the rice and sauce.
- In that bowl, add the red onion, jalapeño, ¼ cup (10 G) cilantro, cumin, salt, cheddar cheese, ½ cup panko, and 1 whisked egg. Mix until everything is combined and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Divide the mixture and use your hands to roll into 8 even balls, making sure they are tightly packed.
- Place balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet and place in the freezer for 15 minutes to set up.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining 2 eggs. In another small bowl, place the panko.
- Remove the rice bites from the freezer and coat each bite first in the egg and then in the panko, slightly pressing the panko onto the bite evenly.
- Fill a small, high-walled sauce pan with 2” of canola oil and heat to 350ºF. Working in batches, lower the bites into the oil 4 at a time using a slotted spoon and cook for 30 seconds on each side or until golden brown.
- Place the fried bites back on the parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot, garnished with cilantro and lime wedges.