Under 30 minutes
for 12 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (500 g)
- 1 jar Pace® Picante Sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 12 flour tortillas, 9 in (22 cm)
- 2 cups refried beans (280 g), optional
- 3 cups shredded mexican cheese blend (300 g)
- ⅓ cup melted unsalted butter (75 g)
- 1 cup Pace® Chunky Salsa (336 g), for topping
- ½ cup sour cream (120 g), or crema, for topping
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (10 g), for topping
- Calories 476
- Fat 24g
- Carbs 33g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 27g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with foil and grease with nonstick spray.
- Make the chicken tinga: Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 4 minutes, or until the onion is translucent and starting to brown. Add the shredded chicken, 1¾ cups (415 G) Pace® Medium Picante Sauce, the adobo sauce, and salt, and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often, until the chicken is heated through. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Assemble the quesadilla: Place 8 tortillas around the edges of the prepared baking sheet so about half of each tortilla hangs over the side of the pan. Place another 2 tortillas in the center to cover the pan completely.
- Spread the refried beans on top of the tortillas inside the baking sheet, making sure to spread all the way to the corners. Sprinkle 1½ cups Mexican cheese over the beans and drizzle with the remaining cup of Pace® Medium Picante Sauce. Spread the chicken tinga evenly on top, then cover with the remaining 1½ cups Mexican cheese.
- Place the remaining 2 tortillas, over the filling at the center of the baking sheet, overlapping slightly. Carefully fold the overhanging tortillas around sides of the pan over the center tortillas to cover the filling completely, tucking in the corners.
- Brush the top of the tortillas with the melted butter, then place another baking sheet over the tortillas to keep in place.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove the top baking sheet and bake for another 15 minutes, or until the tortillas are browned. Remove from the oven and let rest in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Use the foil to lift the quesadilla onto a cutting board, then remove the foil.
- Drizzle the quesadilla with the Pace® Chunky Salsa and sour cream, then top with the cilantro. Slice into 12 rectangles and serve.