88% would make again
Chicken & Waffle Bites
featured in Pancakes Vs. Waffles
These chicken waffle bites are the perfect combination of sweet and savory. The crispy chicken and fluffy waffle are topped with a drizzle of maple syrup and hot sauce for the ultimate flavor explosion.
May 15, 2023
for 2 servings
- ⅓ cup mustard (80 g)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup (70 mL)
- ⅓ cup honey (110 g)
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus a pinch, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup whole milk (180 mL)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ½ tablespoons oil
- 1 cup flour (125 g)
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Calories 957
- Fat 23g
- Carbs 151g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 90g
- Protein 39g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, maple syrup, and honey. Stir until smooth, then set aside.
- Cube the chicken breast, then season with salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, vanilla, and oil.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar, and a pinch of salt into a separate large bowl. Add the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add the seasoned chicken to the waffle batter and toss until well coated.
- Heat a waffle iron on the lowest setting.
- Spoon a piece of chicken and some batter into each section. Cook for 8-10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the waffles are golden brown. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve with the sauce for dipping.