Chickpea And Potato Curry
This hearty vegetarian curry is packed with protein and flavor. Tender chickpeas and potatoes are cooked in a spiced sauce, resulting in a deliciously comforting and satisfying meal that's perfect for any occasion.
for 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ medium white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder, mixed with 2 tablespoons of cold water
- 2 cups vegetable broth (480 mL), or water, divided
- 3 lb potato (1.3 kg), cubed
- ½ cup fresh scallion (50 g), chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- pepper, to taste
- 15 oz chickpeas (425 g), 2-cans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon ghee, mixed with 1 tablespoon of flour
- Calories 653
- Fat 30g
- Carbs 82g
- Fiber 11g
- Sugar 10g
- Protein 11g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat the oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat and add the onion and garlic. Sauté until soft, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the curry powder mixture to the pot.
- Add half of the vegetable broth and potatoes, and stir to combine.
- Add the scallions and parsley. Season with pepper. Cook until the sauce is thick and the potatoes are almost tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and remaining vegetable broth, and mix.
- Add the ghee and flour mixture to the pot and stir to incorporate.
- Cook on medium-low heat until the potatoes and chickpeas are tender and the sauce thickens, about 20 minutes.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.