61% would make again
featured in 5 Ways To Make Chickpea Taste Delicious
for 11 pieces
- 2 cups chickpea flour (200 g)
- 4 cups water (960 mL)
- ½ cup greek yogurt (145 g)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- Calories 127
- Fat 2g
- Carbs 19g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Gradually whisk in 2 cups (200 g) of chickpea flour. Continue to whisk until the mixture is thickened to the consistency of thick oatmeal.
- Immediately transfer to a greased, baking dish. [We used an 8x10 (20x25 cm), but a larger one will just produce thinner fries]. Knock the dish on your work surface a few times to ensure that the mixture spreads evenly and to release any air bubbles.
- Press plastic wrap over the mixture to ensure a flat surface and refrigerate for 2 hours until it has set firm.
- Dipping sauce: In a medium bowl, combine greek yogurt, a pinch of salt, finely chopped parsley, finely chopped dill, clove garlic minced, and lemon juice.
- Invert the baking dish on a cutting board (you may have to pull at the edges to release the suction for it to fall out cleanly). Slice into streak fry sizes.
- Shallow fry in oil until each side is golden and crispy. Salt immediately after coming out of oil.