72% would make again
Chili Bacon “Cinnamon Rolls”
featured in Sweet & Savory Tricks
for 7 servings
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- ⅓ cup bacon bits (75 g)
- 1 tablespoon mild chili powder
- all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 8 oz crescent roll dough (225 g), 1 tube
- ¼ cup butter (60 g), melted
- 1 cup béchamel sauce (260 g), for drizzling
- Calories 234
- Fat 17g
- Carbs 16g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Grease a 9-inch (23-cm) round baking pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the bacon bits and chili powder.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the crescent roll dough to a 12x6-inch (30x15 cm) rectangle.
- Brush the dough with the melted butter
- Sprinkle the bacon bits over the dough, leaving 1 inch (2 cm) of a long end empty for rolling. Starting with the other long end, roll into a tube.
- Slice the tube into 7 pieces and place in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the rolls are light golden brown.
- Drizzle with béchamel sauce to mimic icing.