73% would make again
Chili Bacon “Cinnamon Rolls”
featured in Sweet & Savory Tricks
This savory take on a classic breakfast treat will have your taste buds singing with delight. The warm and fluffy cinnamon rolls are filled with bacon and mild chili, making them the perfect balance of sweet and spicy.
May 05, 2023
for 7 servings
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- ⅓ cup bacon bits (75 g)
- 1 tablespoon mild chili powder
- all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 8 oz crescent roll dough (225 g), 1 tube
- ¼ cup butter (60 g), melted
- 1 cup béchamel sauce (260 g), for drizzling
- Calories 234
- Fat 17g
- Carbs 16g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Grease a 9-inch (23-cm) round baking pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the bacon bits and chili powder.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the crescent roll dough to a 12x6-inch (30x15 cm) rectangle.
- Brush the dough with the melted butter
- Sprinkle the bacon bits over the dough, leaving 1 inch (2 cm) of a long end empty for rolling. Starting with the other long end, roll into a tube.
- Slice the tube into 7 pieces and place in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the rolls are light golden brown.
- Drizzle with béchamel sauce to mimic icing.