95% would make again
Chili Con Queso
featured in 8 Hearty Chili Dishes To Savor This Fall
June 10, 2019
for 8 servings
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 lb ground beef (455 g)
- 3 tablespoons McCormick® Chili Seasoning
- ½ cup milk (120 mL)
- ½ cup heavy cream (120 mL)
- ½ cup water (120 mL)
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 16 oz american cheese (450 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 15 oz diced tomato (450 g), strained
- 8 oz diced green chiles (225 g), strained
- 1 bunch scallion, sliced
- 1 bag corn chips, for serving
- Calories 767
- Fat 48g
- Carbs 53g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 35g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook for 2 minutes, until starting to soften. Add the ground beef and chili seasoning. Cook until the beef is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the milk and heavy cream. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the water and cornstarch to form a slurry. Pour the slurry into milk mixture and whisk to combine. Put mixture back on the heat and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk in the cheese until fully melted and season with the salt. Add the diced tomatoes and green chiles and whisk to combine.
- Pour the queso over the chili mixture. Garnish with scallions and serve with corn chips for dipping.