Chili Lime Rainbow Skewers
Add a pop of color to your next cookout with these Chili Lime Rainbow Skewers! These vibrant, zesty skewers are loaded with veggies and chicken, making them a healthy and delicious option for your next gathering.
for 10 skewers
- 3 lb chicken breast (1 ½ kg), cubed
- ½ cup lime juice (120 mL)
- ¼ cup olive oil (60 mL)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch (2 1/2 cm) pieces
- 2 orange bell peppers, cut into 1-inch (2 1/2 cm) pieces
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cut into 1-inch (2 1/2 cm) pieces
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into 1-inch (2 1/2 cm) pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch (2 1/2 cm) pieces
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 10 wooden skewers
- Calories 324
- Fat 10g
- Carbs 14g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 43g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Soak the wooden skewers in water for 5-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken with the lime juice, olive oil, honey, chili powder, salt, and black pepper until well-coated. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven or grill to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Assemble the skewers by threading alternating pieces of red, orange, yellow, and green bell peppers, red onion, and marinated chicken onto the skewers.
- Place skewers on a baking sheet and brush with remaining marinade.
- Bake or grill for 20-30 minutes, turning halfway through, until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F (75°C).
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.