Chilli Stuffed Garlic Bread
featured in 8 Hearty Chili Dishes To Savor This Fall
This warm and cheesy garlic bread is stuffed with spicy chili and melty cheese, making it a satisfying appetizer or side dish for any occasion
May 14, 2023
98% would make again
for 4 servings
- 10 oz lean beef (250 g), minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 ¼ cups beef stock (300 mL)
- ½ can canned chopped tomato
- ½ can canned kidney bean, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 crusty baguette
- 3 ½ tablespoons butter (50 g), melted
- 1 handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ cup cheddar cheese (50 g), finely grated
- Calories 613
- Fat 23g
- Carbs 67g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 31g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a saucepan, cook the onion and 2 garlic cloves in a little oil.
- After a minute or so, add the minced beef, breaking it up with a spoon.
- When the mince has browned, stir in the chilli powder, cumin, ground coriander, and the plain flour.
- Stir in the beef stock, tomatoes, tomato purée, kidney beans, oregano, and salt.
- Place a bay leaf into the mixture, loosely cover and simmer for 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Allow to cool some so you don’t burn yourself during the next bit!
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Top and tail the baguette, then cut it into 3-4 equal rolls.
- Hollow out each roll, allowing a thin border of bread around the outside.
- Stuff each roll with chili using a teaspoon. Try to really fill them up.
- Make the garlic butter by stirring in 2 cloves of crushed garlic and a handful of parsley into the melted butter.
- Coat each stuffed roll with a generous helping of garlic butter. Top with a healthy portion of finely grated cheddar.
- Bake in the centre of the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.