96% would make again
Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowl
featured in 6 Ways To Use Leftover Rice
for 4 servings
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 cups brown rice (690 g), cooked
- 1 cup green pepper (100 g), diced
- 1 cup cherry tomato (200 g), halved
- ½ cup canned black bean (85 g), drained and rinsed
- ½ cup corn (85 g)
- ½ cup red onion (75 g), diced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro (20 g)
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Calories 1021
- Fat 30g
- Carbs 157g
- Fiber 11g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 31g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a plastic bag, place chicken thighs and 3 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the chipotle powder, garlic powder, cumin, and salt. Seal the plastic bag and massage the meat until fully coated. Transfer to the refrigerator to marinate for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place the marinated chicken thighs in the pan and cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Cube the chicken thighs on a cutting board and set aside.
- In a large bowl, place cooked brown rice, and top the chopped chicken thighs, green peppers, cherry tomatoes, black beans, corns, red onions, and cilantro.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil, lime juice, and season with salt and pepper over the bowl.
- Toss until well mixed.