94% would make again
Chipotle Chicken Lettuce Cups
featured in Chicken Lettuce Cups 4 Ways
Inspired by bevcooks.com
for 4 servings
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorn
- ½ medium white onion, halved
- 4 cloves garlic, whole
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cups water (1.4 L)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup yellow corn (175 g)
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 2 chipotle peppers, minced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 large leaves romaine lettuce, for serving
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (10 g), chopped
Nutrition InfoPowered by
- Calories 231
- Fat 7g
- Carbs 16g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 25g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Place the chicken breasts, 2 teaspoons of salt, peppercorns, onion, whole garlic cloves, bay leaves, and water in a large pot.
- Cover the pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Once the water is simmering, cook for 10 minutes, until the chicken registers 165°F (74°C) when pierced with an instant-read thermometer.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and discard the cooking liquid. Using 2 forks, pull the chicken apart until shredded.
- In a large nonstick pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Add the corn, bell pepper, and a pinch of salt and sauté until the vegetables have softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the chipotle peppers and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the shredded chicken and mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Add the lime juice and mix to incorporate.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the chicken cool for 5 minutes before spooning into the lettuce leaves.
- Top with a sprinkle of chopped cilantro.