97% would make again
Chocolate Almond Braid
featured in Breakfast Braids 4 Ways
Chocolate almond braid is a sweet and indulgent pastry that is perfect for breakfast or dessert. The flaky layers of pastry are filled with rich chocolate and crunchy almonds, creating a delicious and satisfying treat.
May 15, 2023
for 5 pieces
- puff pastry
- 1 bar chocolate, your favorite
- egg wash
- ½ cup crushed nuts (60 g), we used almonds
- Calories 219
- Fat 15g
- Carbs 17g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Lay out your puff pastry. Place your chocolate bar in the center, cut diagonal lines along the left and right side of the chocolate bar about an inch apart.
- Remove the corner pieces. Starting from the top, fold down the flap then alternate right and left until you are close to the bottom. Fold the bottom flap up and finish alternating between right and left. Tuck any extra puff pastry underneath.
- Place the braided puff pastry on parchment paper lined baking tray. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle crushed nuts over.
- Bake at 415°F (213°C) for 25 minutes or until golden brown.