80% would make again
Chocolate Ball With Toy
This fun and creative dessert is perfect for special occasions. A hollow chocolate ball is filled with surprises such as candies, toys, or even money, and is melted away with warm chocolate sauce for a delicious and exciting treat.
May 15, 2023
for 4 servings
- 16 oz milk chocolate chips (455 g), plus more for sealing balls
- round plastic mold, 4 inch (10-cm)
- 4 small toys
- Calories 599
- Fat 33g
- Carbs 66g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 58g
- Protein 8g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add the chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in intervals of 20 seconds, stirring in between, until the chocolate is smooth and melted.
- Add two tablespoons of chocolate to each half of the molds and evenly spread the chocolate with a spoon until the surface is fully covered.
- Freeze for about 10 minutes, or until the chocolate hardens completely.
- Add one more layer of chocolate to each half. This time, freeze for about 20 minutes, or until the chocolate easily comes out of the molds.
- Using a pastry bag filled with melted chocolate, pipe a bit of chocolate around the rim of one chocolate half, add a toy, and stick another chocolate half on top to form a ball. Repeat with the remaining chocolate halves and toys.
- Using your fingers, clean any excess chocolate off the seam of the sphere.
- Freeze the chocolate balls for about 10 minutes, or until the seam in the middle hardens.