77% would make again
Chocolate Banana Mug Cake
When you're in the mood for something indulgent, whip up this moist and fluffy chocolate banana mug cake in minutes. Infused with mashed banana and rich chocolate chips, this decadent dessert is the perfect treat to satisfy your sweet tooth.
May 05, 2023
for 2 servings
- ½ banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips, optional
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 7 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 slices banana
- Calories 480
- Fat 20g
- Carbs 67g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 32g
- Protein 11g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Mash banana into a paste then add chocolate chips.
- Whisk together egg, oil, honey, milk, and vanilla extract in a small bowl.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Grease 2 small mugs.
- Fill mugs half way with the chocolate batter.
- Divide the banana filling between the 2 mugs.
- Place remaining chocolate batter on top.
- Garnish with sliced banana.
- Microwave on high or 1 minute 10 seconds to 1 minute 25 seconds, or bake in 350˚F (180˚C) oven for 13-15 minutes.