Chocolate Brownies: Chunk Nutter 3000
May 30, 2019
for 12 servings
- unsalted butter, softened, for greasing
Option 1: Prepared Mix
- 18 oz brownie mix (510 g), prepared according to package instructions
Option 2: From Scratch
- 2 ¼ cups granulated sugar (450 g)
- 1 ¼ cups dutch processed cocoa powder (150 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour (190 g)
- 1 cup vegetable oil (240 g)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup water (60 mL)
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chunks (260 g)
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter (120 g)
- vanilla ice cream, for serving
- caramel sauce, for drizzling
- Calories 629
- Fat 33g
- Carbs 77g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 53g
- Protein 8g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350°F (180°C).
- Grease a 9-by-13-inch (23-by-33-cm) dark metal pan with softened butter, then line with parchment paper, leaving overhang on all sides. Grease the parchment with more butter.
- OPTION 1: If using prepared mix, make the brownie batter according to the package instructions.
- OPTION 2: If making the brownie batter from scratch, in a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, and flour. Add the vegetable oil, vanilla, eggs, and water and whisk to combine.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Pour the peanut butter over the top and swirl into the batter with a knife or skewer.
- Bake until lightly puffed on top, about 20 minutes. Transfer the brownie pan to a wire rack and let cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Use the parchment paper to lift the cooled brownies out of the pan and cut into 12 bars.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.