88% would make again
Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Pinwheels
featured in Chocolate & Pretzel 4 Ways
for 4 servings
- 3 cups pretzel (120 g), crushed
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal (60 g)
- 10 oz marshmallow (285 g)
- ¼ cup butter (55 g)
- 13 oz caramel (370 g), spreadable
- 11.5 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips (325 g)
- nonstick spray
- Preheat oven to 300˚F (150˚C).
- Combine cereal and crushed pretzels in a large bowl.
- In another large bowl, melt marshmallows and butter in the microwave for 1 minute & 30 seconds, stirring half way. (Time may vary depending on your microwave, so, keep an eye on it!)
- Combine cereal, pretzels and melted marshmallows. Mix well.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray generously with non-stick cooking spray. (You might want to spray your hands too!)
- Remove marshmallow mixture from the bowl and place onto the baking sheet. Spray another piece of parchment paper with non-stick spray and lay the sprayed side on top of the marshmallow mixture.
- Roll out with a rolling pin into a thin layer.
- Remove the top layer of parchment paper and evenly spread caramel over the marshmallow mixture. Pour chocolate chips over the caramel.
- Bake for 2 minutes, or until chocolate chips spread easily across the caramel.
- Carefully & tightly roll it up longways, peeling back the parchment paper as you go. Cover in plastic wrap & chill for 2-3 hours, or until it has firmed up nicely.
- Remove plastic wrap and parchment paper, and cut in 1-inch (2 cm) slices.