Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blended Oats
If you’re bored with overnight oats, blended and baked oats are the perfect way to spice up your morning routine! This heavenly recipe tastes like a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie in a mug. Follow the recipe below for an indulgent, sweet, and creamy morning treat, or mix and match your favorite toppings to match your taste.
for 1 serving
- ½ cup oats (40 g)
- ⅓ cup milk of choice (80 mL)
- 1 large egg
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 a dash ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond butter, divided
- ½ banana
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- 1 tablespoon chopped nuts of choice, optional
- 1 teaspoon cacao nibs, optional
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips, divided
- Calories 940
- Fat 40g
- Carbs 121g
- Fiber 16g
- Sugar 39g
- Protein 30g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add the oats, milk, egg, baking powder, cinnamon, maple syrup, 1 tablespoon of almond butter, the banana, and vanilla, if using, to a blender and blend until smooth. If using nuts and cacao nibs, add to the blender and blend for just a few seconds to help distribute without breaking them up too much. This will add a lovely crunch to your oats.
- Pour half the batter into a large mug or oven-safe ramekin, greased with butter or cooking spray. Add the remaining tablespoon of almond butter and 1½ tablespoons of chocolate chips to the center. Cover with the rest of the batter. Top with the remaining 1½ tablespoons of chocolate chips.
- Preheat the air fryer to 325°F (160°C). Place the mug in the air fryer and cook for 20 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Alternatively, microwave the oats for 2 minutes (make sure to use a mug that holds at least 20 ounces, as microwaving causes the batter to rise very quickly and may result in overflowing).
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.