Chocolate Chip Cookies: The Decadent Minx
for 24 cookies
- ½ cup granulated sugar (100 g)
- ¾ cup brown sugar (165 g)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour (155 g)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chocolate chips (350 g)
- melted chocolate, for dipping
- milk, for serving
- Calories 161
- Fat 9g
- Carbs 19g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugars, salt, and butter until a paste forms with no lumps.
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla, beating until light ribbons fall off the whisk and remain for a short while before dissolving back into the mixture.
- Sift in the flour and baking soda, then fold with a spatula to combine. (Be careful not to overmix, as the gluten in the flour to toughen resulting in cakier cookies.)
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes or, for a more intense, toffee-like flavor and deeper color, chill overnight. The longer the dough rests, the more complex its flavor will be.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop the dough with an ice-cream scoop onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving at least 4 inches (10 centimeters) of space between cookies and 2 inches (5 centimeters) of space from the edges of the pan so that the cookies can spread evenly.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes, or until the edges have started to barely brown.
- Let the cookies cool completely, then dunk in the melted chocolate. Let chocolate set for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with a glass of milk.