Chocolate Chip Cookies: The Pick Me Up
for 24 cookies
- ½ cup brown sugar (110 g)
- ½ cup granulated sugar (100 g)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour (220 g)
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups chocolate chunks (350 g)
- melted chocolate, for dipping
- coffee, for serving
- Calories 171
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 18g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, and butter until fully incorporated.
- Add the corn syrup, milk, and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Sift the flour and baking soda into the wet ingredients and fold in with a spatula until just incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks until just combined.
- Scoop the dough with an ice-cream scoop onto the prepared baking sheet baking sheet, leaving at least 4 inches (10 centimeters) of space between cookies and 2 inches (5 centimeters) of space from the edges of the pan so that the cookies can spread evenly.
- Bake until thin and golden brown, with an even color from edge to center, about 16 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool completely, then dunk in the melted chocolate. Let chocolate set for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with a mug of coffee.