92% would make again
Chocolate Coconut Cream Bars
featured in 5 Satisfying Recipes for Coconut Lovers
Inspired by beamingbaker.com
for 16 servings
Coconut Cream Layer
- 4 cups shredded coconut (400 g), unsweetened
- ½ cup coconut cream (150 g)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup (75 g)
- 1 pinch salt, optional
- 1 ½ cups dark chocolate chips (260 g)
- ⅓ cup coconut cream (100 g)
- shredded coconut, unsweetened
- Calories 296
- Fat 19g
- Carbs 31g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 28g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Combine shredded coconut, coconut cream, maple syrup, and a pinch of salt to a food processor and blend until mixture becomes easily moldable. You may have to press down the mixture and reblend a few times for this to happen.
- Pour mixture into an 8x8-inch (20x20-cm) pan lined with parchment or wax paper. Press down firmly with a rubber spatula and smooth mixture into an even layer.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Prepare chocolate layer by combining dark chocolate chips and coconut cream in a bowl. Microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring mixture thoroughly in between.
- Pour chocolate mixture on top of the coconut cream layer and spread into an even layer with a rubber spatula.
- Sprinkle shredded coconut on top.
- Freeze for 1 hour, or until chocolate layer has set.
- Cut into 16 squares.