92% would make again
Chocolate Coconut Sheet Cake
June 10, 2019
for 10 servings
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (250 g)
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Ground Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup cocoa powder (60 g)
- 1 cup butter (225 g), softened
- 2 cups light brown sugar (440 g)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® vanilla extract
- 13 ½ oz Thai Kitchen® coconut milk (400 mL), 1 can
- 16 oz chocolate frosting (455 g)
- 1 ½ cups shredded coconut (150 g)
- Calories 752
- Fat 41g
- Carbs 90g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 59g
- Protein 8g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 350℉ (175˚C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and grease with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder. Whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar with an electric hand mixer until fluffy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating to incorporate each addition before adding the next. Add the vanilla and beat to combine.
- Add ½ of the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat on low speed to incorporate. Add ½ of the coconut milk and beat again. Add the remaining flour, then the remaining coconut milk, and beat until fully incorporated.
- Pour the cake batter onto the prepared baking sheet and spread in an even layer.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes, or until the center is set and edges begin to pull away from the pan. Let cool completely.
- Once the cake is cooled, scoop the chocolate frosting on top and spread in an even layer. Sprinkle the shredded coconut on top.
- Slice and serve.