93% would make again
Chocolate-covered Strawberry 'Box' Cupcakes
featured in Box Cupcakes 4 Ways
These cupcakes dress up white box cake mix with fresh strawberries and white chocolate chips for a little something special.
May 05, 2023
for 12 cupcakes
- 1 box white cake mix, prepared according to package instructions
- 20 strawberries
- 1 cup chocolate chips (175 g)
- 2 cups vanilla frosting (230 g)
- Calories 384
- Fat 16g
- Carbs 63g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 46g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl, prepare the cake batter.
- Divide the batter evenly among a lined muffin tin, filling halfway.
- Finely chop 8 of the strawberries.
- Spoon them evenly on top of the batter.
- Top with remaining batter, filling about ¾ of the way up.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then cool.
- In a small bowl, microwave the chocolate chips in 20-second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dip the strawberries in the chocolate, then chill.
- Pipe the frosting onto each cupcake, then top with a chocolate-covered strawberry.