Chocolate-dipped Cannoli Cupcakes
Treat yourself to a decadent dessert!. These cupcakes are inspired by the classic Italian pastry and feature a rich, creamy filling and a chocolate-dipped shell.
for 12 cupcakes
- 1 box cake mix, prepared
- 15 oz ricotta cheese (425 g)
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese (225 g), room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar (120 g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips (175 g)
- 2 cups dark chocolate (340 g)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Calories 562
- Fat 34g
- Carbs 63g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 43g
- Protein 8g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Line a muffin tin with liners and cooking spray.
- Prepare cake mix according to its directions.
- Fill liners about ¾ of the way up with the cupcake batter.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes. A toothpick should come out dry when inserted.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, mascarpone, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Cut a ½ inch (1.5cm) hole on the tip of a pastry or zip top bag and fill with the cannoli cream.
- Cut a circle in the center of each cupcake and press the center down into the bottom, creating a hole.
- Fill the cupcake with cannoli cream and use a spiraling motion to create a swirl of the cream on top of the cupcake.
- Put the cupcakes in the freezer for about 1 hour or until firm.
- Melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil together.
- Carefully, dip the tops of the cupcakes into the melted chocolate.
- Place in the refrigerator to firm up if need be.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.