Step up your brunch game with a batch of chocolate gravy. This thick and creamy chocolate sauce is easy to make and pairs perfectly with buttermilk biscuits and pound cake. You can also pour it over ice cream or serve it with your favorite fruits. However you want to enjoy it, it’s sure to be a people pleaser.
for 8 servings
- 1 cup sugar (200 g)
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder (40 g)
- 3 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 ¾ cups whole milk (420 mL)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 buttermilk biscuits
- pound cake
- ice cream
- Calories 1585
- Fat 66g
- Carbs 221g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 55g
- Protein 30g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Sift the sugar, cocoa powder, flour, and salt into a large skillet or saucepan. Add the milk and whisk to combine. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened, 7-10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the vanilla and butter until the butter is melted and well incorporated.
- Serve immediately over buttermilk biscuits, pound cake, ice cream, or as a dip for your favorite fruit.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.