56% would make again
Chocolate Hazelnut Butter
featured in Homemade Nut Butters 4 Ways
for 12 servings
- 3 cups roasted hazelnut (450 g)
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (40 g)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- food processor
- Calories 230
- Fat 20g
- Carbs 9g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- NOTE: If you have unroasted nuts, preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spread hazelnuts onto a baking tray and bake for 10-12 minutes or until you can smell them.
- In a food processor, blend roasted hazelnuts. Scrape down the sides when necessary.
- Once the hazelnuts have broken down and become crumbly, add unsweetened cocoa powder, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Blend again and slowly add canola oil while still mixing. Add more canola oil if you want a creamier texture.
- Pour into a jar, store in a refrigerator and use within one month.
- Nutrition Calories: 3029 Fat: 255 grams Carbs: 150 grams Fiber: 52 grams Sugars: 44 grams Protein: 71 grams