89% would make again
Chocolate Hazelnut S'mores-Stuffed Crispy Rice Treats
featured in Stuffed Crispy Rice Treats
Gooey, buttery crispy rice treats stuffed with chocolate hazelnut and toasted marshmallows will have you wanting s’more! Quick tip: if the crispy rice mixture ever becomes too stiff, simply microwave in 2-second intervals until malleable.
for 20 treats
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 16 oz mini marshmallows (480 g)
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® vanilla extract
- 8 cups puffed rice cereal (240 g)
- 1 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (180 g), room temperature
- 2 cups mini marshmallows (150 g)
Nutrition InfoPowered by
- Calories 305
- Fat 3g
- Carbs 65g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 28g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 500°F (260°C). Line a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with parchment paper and grease with nonstick spray.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat until browned, 2–3 minutes. Using a plastic spatula, stir in the marshmallows and vanilla until completely melted. Turn off the heat, add the puffed rice cereal, and stir until well coated in the melted marshmallows.
- Spread half of the cereal mixture evenly in the prepared baking dish. Chill in the freezer for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, keep the remaining cereal mixture covered in a warm place.
- Spread the chocolate-hazelnut spread evenly across the first layer of crispy rice treats, then sprinkle the mini marshmallows on top. Place the pan in the oven for 2–3 minutes, until the tops of the marshmallows are golden brown. Transfer to the freezer to set for 5–10 minutes.
- Spread the rest of the cereal mixture evenly over the toasted marshmallow layer. (If the crispy rice mixture becomes too stiff, microwave in 2- second intervals until malleable.)
- Let the treats cool completely, about 20 minutes, then invert onto a cutting board and cut into 2-inch squares.
- RECIPE BY: Tiffany Senin