Under 30 minutes
for 12 servings
- 1 small mexican cinnamon stick
- ½ cup white rice (120 mL)
- 5 cups Planet Oat® Dark Chocolate Oatmilk (1 L)
- ¼ cup sugar (25 g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup dark chocolate (150 g), chopped, 60%
- ½ cup toasted coconut flakes (50 g), plus 2 tablespoons
- ½ cup toasted sliced almonds (60 g), plus 2 tablespoons
- 12 ice pop sticks
- 2 ice pop molds, 6 count
- Calories 460
- Fat 37g
- Carbs 15g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 18g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- In a medium pot over medium-low heat, toast the cinnamon stick(s) for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add the white rice and toast for another minute.
- Add the Planet Oat® Dark Chocolate Oatmilk, sugar, vanilla, and ground cinnamon. Simmer for about 3 minutes, or until the cinnamon is fragrant, stirring occasionally. Remove the pot from the heat and let the chocolate horchata chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight. Discard the Mexican cinnamon stick and blend the horchata on high speed for 30–60 seconds, or until finely pulverized.
- Strain the liquid into a fine mesh strainer over a large measuring cup. Divide the chocolate horchata evenly between 2 6-count ice pop molds. Freeze for 30–45 minutes, until slightly solidified. Insert the sticks into the center of the pops, then return to the freezer for 8 hours, or overnight.
- Add the dark chocolate to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30–60 seconds, until melted. Let cool slightly.
- If using, add the toasted coconut flakes and sliced almonds to 2 separate shallow bowls.
- Remove the ice pops from the freezer and remove from the molds. Dip the top third of each pop in the melted dark chocolate, then immediately dip in the coconut flakes or almonds. Lay the pops on a plate and freeze for 5 minutes before serving.