Chocolate Meringue Tart
featured in 7 Easy Recipes for Chocolate Lovers
This elegant dessert features a crisp chocolate crust, a fluffy meringue topping, and a rich chocolate filling that's perfect for any special occasion.
May 14, 2023
90% would make again
for 6 servings
- 1 pre-baked tart shell, 25 cm (9 in)
- 1 ½ cups chocolate (250 g)
- 1 cup butter (200 g)
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- ¾ cup plain flour (100 g)
- ¼ cup sugar (50 g)
- 6 egg whites
- 1 ½ cups caster sugar (300 g)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon wine vinegar
- ¾ cup cocoa powder (100 g)
- Pre-heat the oven to 150°C (300°F).
- Gently melt the chocolate and butter together over a bain-marie.
- Once combined, take off the heat.
- Stir in the eggs, egg yolks and sugar.
- Fold in the flour.
- Pour into the tart shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the meringue by whisking the egg whites with an electric hand whisk.
- Once foamy, gradually add in the sugar, followed by the vanilla and vinegar.
- Whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in the cocoa powder.
- Spoon on top of the chocolate tart.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.