Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake In A Jar
This decadent dessert combines rich chocolate cake with creamy peanut butter frosting for a sweet treat that's impossible to resist. Served in a jar, it's a portable and cute dessert that's perfect for parties or picnics.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 1 serving
- 2 tablespoons angel food cake mix
- 2 tablespoons chocolate cake mix
- 2 teaspoons peanut butter chips, plus more for serving, optional
- 1 teaspoon milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons water, plus 1 teaspoon
- whipped cream, for serving, optional
- chocolate syrup, for serving, optional
- 8 oz jar (225 g), microwave and oven safe
- 1 cupcake liner
- Calories 211
- Fat 3g
- Carbs 40g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 25g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add the angel food cake mix and chocolate cake mix to a jar. Place a cupcake liner over the cake mix and add the peanut butter chips and chocolate chips. Cover with the lid.
- Store in the pantry for up to 3 months.
- When ready to eat, remove the lid and cupcake liner with the chips from the jar. Pour the water into the dry cake mix. Mix thoroughly, making sure to scrape the dry mix from the bottom of the jar.
- Microwave for 20 seconds.
- Pour the peanut butter and chocolate chips into the jar. Stir the chips into the cake gently, being careful not to push them to the bottom because they will naturally sink into the cake while cooking.
- Microwave for another 40 seconds, until cooked through.
- Top with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and peanut butter chips, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.