90% would make again
Chocolate Peanut Butter Poke Cake
featured in Poke Cake Recipes To Have On Weekend
Boxed chocolate cake infused with creamy peanut butter and sweetened condensed milk, topped with whipped cream and peanut butter cups. Perfect for satisfying any sweet tooth cravings.
May 05, 2023
for 9 servings
- ½ box chocolate cake mix, prepared according to instructions
- 8 oz cream cheese (225 g), softened
- 1 cup peanut butter (240 g)
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk (305 mL), 1 can
- 1 cup milk (240 mL)
- 8 oz whipped topping (225 g)
- peanut butter cup, for garnish
- Calories 593
- Fat 35g
- Carbs 58g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 43g
- Protein 14g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175C).
- Spray a 9x9 inch (23x23cm) baking pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare and pour the chocolate cake batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth.
- Add condensed milk, whisking until there are no large lumps.
- Gradually whisk in the milk, until smooth.
- Using the back of a wooden spoon, poke 4 rows of 4 holes in the cake, making 16 holes total.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the cake and set until the cake has absorbed as much of the mixture as it can. Some of the mixture will still stay on top, which is okay.
- Freeze cake for 30 minutes, to slightly solidify the topping.
- Spread the whipped topping evenly over the chilled cake.
- Chill the cake anywhere from 3 hours to overnight.
- Slice, and garnish with peanut butter cups.