96% would make again
Chocolate Pretzel Poke 'Box' Cake
featured in Chocolate & Pretzel 4 Ways
for 6 servings
- 1 box dark chocolate cake mix, prepared according to package instructions
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 can caramel
- 3 cups whipped cream (180 g)
- 1 packet pretzel
- 3 tablespoons caramel, for topping
- Calories 585
- Fat 14g
- Carbs 107g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 75g
- Protein 9g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Prepare and bake chocolate cake according to package instructions.
- Let cool 10 minutes before poking even holes throughout the cake with a chopstick or the end of a wooden spoon.
- Distribute condensed milk over the entire cake, making sure it runs in the holes, followed by can of caramel.
- Slather on cream, making sure to smooth it out on top. Refrigerate at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Slice cake into even rectangles and sprinkle chopped pretzels on top.
- Serve with a drizzle of caramel topping.