81% would make again
Chocolate Strawberry Cream Puffs
featured in 5 Creative Cream Puff Recipes
for 15 servings
- 10 strawberries
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups heavy cream (480 mL)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (25 g)
- ¼ cup cornstarch (30 g)
- 1 cup water (240 mL)
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup flour (125 g)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips (175 g)
- Calories 313
- Fat 26g
- Carbs 19g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Cut the tops off the strawberries and cut into pieces. Set aside.
- In a pot over low heat, combine egg yolks, heavy cream, sugar, and cornstarch. Turn the heat up to medium-high, whisking constantly to prevent any lumps.
- Once the mixture starts to thicken, add in the strawberries, stirring until smooth.
- Transfer the cream mixture into a bowl, covering the top with plastic wrap and pressing the wrap down onto the surface of the cream to prevent a skin from forming. Chill.
- In a pot, combine the water and butter, bringing it to a boil. Add the flour and stir until the dough comes together in a ball. Remove from heat.
- Add in the vanilla and eggs one a time, stirring until the dough becomes a paste. Transfer the dough into a piping bag with a large round tip.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, pipe 1-inch (2½ cm) mounds.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the pastry has risen considerably and the insides are dry.
- Transfer the chilled pastry cream into a piping bag with a small tip. Poke a hole in the center of the bottom of each cream puff and fill each puff with the pastry cream.
- Microwave the chocolate at 30-second intervals until smooth. Mix in coconut oil if using.
- Dip the top of each filled cream puff into the chocolate, dripping off any excess.