Chocolate Strawberry Cream Puffs
Indulge in these heavenly Chocolate Strawberry Cream Puffs, a delightful fusion of airy choux pastry filled with luscious strawberry whipped cream and drizzled with rich chocolate ganache. Perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth or impressing guests at your next gathering!
for 15 servings
- 10 strawberries
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups heavy cream (480 mL)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (25 g)
- ¼ cup cornstarch (30 g)
- 1 cup water (240 mL)
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup flour (125 g)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips (175 g)
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Cut the tops off the strawberries and cut into pieces. Set aside.
- In a pot over low heat, combine egg yolks, heavy cream, sugar, and cornstarch. Turn the heat up to medium-high, whisking constantly to prevent any lumps.
- Once the mixture starts to thicken, add in the strawberries, stirring until smooth.
- Transfer the cream mixture into a bowl, covering the top with plastic wrap and pressing the wrap down onto the surface of the cream to prevent a skin from forming. Chill.
- In a pot, combine the water and butter, bringing it to a boil. Add the flour and stir until the dough comes together in a ball. Remove from heat.
- Add in the vanilla and eggs one a time, stirring until the dough becomes a paste. Transfer the dough into a piping bag with a large round tip.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, pipe 1-inch (2½ cm) mounds.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the pastry has risen considerably and the insides are dry.
- Transfer the chilled pastry cream into a piping bag with a small tip. Poke a hole in the center of the bottom of each cream puff and fill each puff with the pastry cream.
- Microwave the chocolate at 30-second intervals until smooth. Mix in coconut oil if using.
- Dip the top of each filled cream puff into the chocolate, dripping off any excess.
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.