Chocolate Turtle Poke Cake
If you're looking for a dessert that will make everyone drool, this chocolate turtle poke cake is the way to go. The decadent chocolate cake is filled with dulce de leche, and topped with caramel sauce, chocolate chips, and pecans.
for 12 servings
- 1 freshly made chocolate cake, prepared from scratch or using a packaged mix
- 14 oz can of dulce de leche, warmed
- 16 oz can of chocolate frosting
- ½ cup chopped pecans (65 g)
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips (90 g)
- caramel syrup, to taste
- Calories 421
- Fat 13g
- Carbs 74g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 55g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Using the back of a wooden spoon, poke at least 3 rows of 4 holes in the cooked cake, making 12 holes total. Pour the dulce de leche over the cake and let settle into the holes for about 10 minutes. Some of the dulce de leche will still stay on top, which is okay. If necessary, it can be reheated or mixed with a little milk to be thinned.
- Spread the chocolate frosting evenly on top of the cake. Sprinkle the chopped pecans and mini chocolate chips on top of the frosting, then drizzle with the caramel. Chill the cake for at least 3 hours or up to overnight.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.