Chorizo And Bean Tacos
Taco Tuesday for about $10, in just 10 minutes? You bet. Feed the whole family with these savory and filling chorizo and black bean tacos. I frequently ate these while growing up and while they were usually served on flour tortillas, corn tortillas are my favorite. Enjoy with some fresh salsa!
for 12 tacos
- ½ medium white onion, diced
- 8 oz pork chorizo (225 g), or beef chorizo
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1 small bunch fresh cilantro, chopped, divided
- 15 oz refried black bean (430 g)
- 12 medium white corn tortillas
- 6 oz queso fresco (175 g), crumbled
- salsa of choice, for serving (optional)
- Calories 214
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 17g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 10g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and chorizo and cook for 6–8 minutes, or until the liquid from the chorizo begins to evaporate. Add the tomato and half of the cilantro and cook for another 2–3 minutes, until all of the liquid has evaporated. Add the beans and mix well to combine.
- Heat a separate large pan or griddle over medium-high heat. Cook the tortillas for about 1 minute on each side, or until air bubbles and golden brown spots appear.
- Spoon the chorizo and bean filling onto the tortillas, then sprinkle with queso fresco and the remaining cilantro. Serve immediately.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.