Chorizo Chile Mac ‘N’ Cheese
Spice up your classic comfort food with this Chorizo Chile Mac 'n Cheese! A mouthwatering blend of chorizo, green chiles, and creamy cheese sauce, this dish is sure to become a new favorite.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
- 16 oz beef chorizo (450 g)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 ⅓ cups red bell pepper (135 g), diced/small
- ⅓ cup small jalapeño (30 g), diced
- 1 ¼ teaspoons Mccormick® ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon McCormick® Smoked Paprika
- ½ teaspoon McCormick® Onion Powder
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 45 oz heavy cream (1.3 L)
- 2 ⅓ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (235 g)
- 2 ⅓ cups shredded pepper jack cheese (235 g)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lb dried cellentani pasta (455 g), cooked according to package instructions
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (115 g)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- ¾ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (75 g)
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Make the sauce: Add the beef chorizo to a 2-quart pan over medium heat. Once the chorizo starts to sizzle, stir and scrape the bottom of the pan, breaking the chorizo into smaller pieces, 3–5 minutes.
- Transfer half of the chorizo to a medium bowl and set aside.
- To the remaining chorizo, add the olive oil, red bell pepper, and jalapeño, and cook for 2 minutes, until softened. Reduce the heat to medium-low and stir in the McCormick® Ground Cumin, McCormick® Ground Cinnamon, McCormick® Smoked Paprika, McCormick® Onion Powder, and flour. Cook for 2 minutes, until the chorizo is cooked through.
- Increase the heat to medium-high, add the heavy cream, and cook for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cream begins to simmer. Whisk in the cheddar and pepper Jack cheeses, 1 cup at a time, until the sauce is smooth. Stir in the salt, then cook for 2 minutes more until the sauce has thickened.
- Add in cooked pasta and stir to coat. Transfer to a 9x13-inch (22 x 33 cm) baking dish and spread evenly.
- Make the panko crust: Add the panko bread crumbs and olive oil to the bowl with the reserved chorizo and mix well.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top of the pasta, then evenly sprinkle the panko chorizo mixture on top.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 10–20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Scoop the mac ‘n’ cheese into bowls and garnish with sliced jalapeño.