97% would make again
Chorizo Tomato Rotini Pasta
featured in Rotini Pasta 4 Ways
for 3 servings
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 oz chorizo (110 g), chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef (455 g)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 3 cups tomato sauce (450 g)
- 1 ¼ cups rotini pasta (250 g)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese (50 g)
- ½ cup fresh basil (12 g), chopped
- Calories 948
- Fat 49g
- Carbs 57g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 10g
- Protein 65g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Cook chorizo until slightly crispy.
- Add the onions and cook until translucent.
- Add the beef, salt, and pepper, cooking until no pink is showing.
- Pour in the tomato sauce, and cook until sauce thickens.
- Add the pasta, parmesan, and basil, stirring until the pasta is evenly coated.