Chrissy Teigen's Jalapeño-Cheddar Corn Pudding
Chrissy Teigen's jalapeño cheddar corn pudding is the perfect comfort food for any occasion. This cheesy and slightly spicy side dish is made with sweet corn, butter, cream, jalapeño, and cheddar cheese, and is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
for 10 servings
- ¼ cup diced jalapeños (25 g), or 1 4-ounce can of diced green chiles
- 2 large ears corn kernels, or 1 can of corn, drained
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, plus more for the pan
- ¾ cup heavy cream (180 mL)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (200 g)
- 30 oz cream-style corn (425 g)
- 6 large eggs
- kosher salt, to taste
- Calories 441
- Fat 29g
- Carbs 26g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 17g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180 °C). Grease a 9x13-inch (23x33-cm) baking pan with butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk the cornstarch into the heavy cream until smooth. Add 1½ cups (150 g) of cheddar, the creamed corn, fresh corn, jalapeños, melted butter, eggs, and salt and stir well. Taste and add more salt, if necessary.
- Pour the pudding into the baking pan and top with the remaining ½ cup cheddar.
- Bake until set, 45-50 minutes. Fire up the broiler and broil until the top is browned, 1-2 minutes.
- Ready for a smarter way to find recipes? Use Botatouille, our AI-powered food genius in the Tasty app. Download here