Christmas Tree Cheese Ball
This mini Christmas tree of cheese is guaranteed to get your holiday party started. After shaping the goat cheese mixture into a cone shape, create a pine needle effect using freeze-dried chives. Decorate the cheeseball tree with a pine nut garland, dried cranberry ornaments, and a star-shaped cheddar cracker on top.
for 8 servings
- 16 oz goat cheese (450 g), room temperature
- ¾ cup shelled pistachios (95 g), chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries (50 g), plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, about 1 teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- ⅓ cup freeze dried chives (5 g)
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 star-shaped cheese cracker
- , or crackers of choice, for serving
- Crudité, for serving
- Calories 321
- Fat 24g
- Carbs 13g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 15g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, mix together the goat cheese, pistachios, dried cranberries, orange zest, rosemary, maple syrup, salt, and pepper with a rubber spatula until well-combined. Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for 10–15 minutes before assembling. The cheese mixture can be made up to 1 day ahead. Refrigerate until ready to assemble and serve.
- To assemble, transfer the cheese mixture to a serving platter and, using gloved hands greased with nonstick spray, mold the mixture into a cone shape.
- Using dry hands, gently press the freeze-dried chives onto the cheese cone to adhere, making sure to coat the entire surface.
- Insert pine nuts into the cone in the pattern of a garland. Dot the “tree” with more dried cranberries for “ornaments”. Top with the star-shaped cracker.
- Serve with more crackers and crudités.
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.