featured in 5 Popular Mexican Desserts
This decadent dessert combines two of the best things in life - churros and cheesecake. Enjoy the crunchy cinnamon sugar coating and creamy cheesecake filling all in one bite.
May 14, 2023
89% would make again
for 10 servings
- 1 cup water (240 mL)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup flour (125 g)
- 3 eggs
- 8 oz cream cheese (225 g), 2 packs, softened
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin, dissolved in 1/4 cup (60 ml) cold water
- 1 cup whipped cream (60 g)
- sugar, to taste
- cinnamon, to taste
- Calories 328
- Fat 17g
- Carbs 34g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 22g
- Protein 8g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a saucepan combine water, butter and salt, bring to boil. Add the flour and mix well.
- Cook for a few minutes while stirring and remove from heat.
- Add the eggs one by one, beating well between each addition.
- Transfer the dough to a bag with a nozzle and pipe a large spiral on the base of a springform pan.
- Freeze the base until it is firm.
- Preheat a large pot of oil to 350˚F (175˚C). Make sure the pot is wide enough for the entire churro base to fit!
- Fry the churro base until it is golden brown on both sides.
- Transfer it to a plate and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon to taste. Place the churro base in the springform pan and reserve.
- For the filling, in a bowl, beat the cream cheese, condensed milk, vanilla and hydrated gelatin until smooth. Then fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour the mixture on the churro base and refrigerate for 4 hours or until it is firm. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon to taste.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.