Churro Ice Cream Sandwiches
Get ready for a flavor explosion with these churro ice cream sandwiches. With warm, cinnamon-sugar coated churros and creamy vanilla ice cream, these sandwiches are a match made in dessert heaven. Perfect for any fiesta or celebration!
for 10 servings
- 3 cups water (710 mL)
- ⅓ cup oil (80 mL)
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 2 cups flour (250 g)
- oil, for frying
- 1 cup sugar (200 g)
- ¼ cup cinnamon (35 g)
- 2 pt vanilla ice cream (950 g)
- Calories 423
- Fat 19g
- Carbs 57g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 32g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large pot, bring the water, oil, and salt to a boil.
- Add the flour and turn the heat off. Quickly stir the flour until it forms a smooth paste/ball.
- Transfer the dough into a piping bag lined with a star tip.
- Pipe 6-inch (15 cm) spirals onto a sheet lined with parchment paper, starting from the middle and going around in a circle, making sure that there are no gaps between the loops.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Freeze the circles for at least 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a pot over high heat.
- Fry the circles until light golden brown, then drain them on a paper towel.
- Mix the sugar and the cinnamon in a separate bowl.
- Coat each churro disc in the cinnamon sugar mix, shaking off any excess.
- Place a scoop of ice cream in between 2 churro discs.
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.