Citrus, Almond, And Apricot Loaf
Bursting with zesty flavors, this Citrus Almond and Apricot Loaf is a delightful treat for your taste buds. Enjoy a slice of this moist and nutty loaf, packed with tangy apricots and a hint of citrus, perfect for a midday snack or a sweet breakfast bite.
for 8 servings
- ½ cup unsalted butter (190 g), softened
- 1 cup sugar (190 g)
- 1 orange, zested, plus extra for decoration
- 1 lemon, zested, plus extra for decoration
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups plain flour (190 g)
- ½ cup almond flour (60 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup plain yogurt (25 g)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup dried apricot (50 g), plus extra for topping
- 1 cup powdered sugar (110 g)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Calories 428
- Fat 18g
- Carbs 59g
- Fiber 21g
- Sugar 42g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 170°C/325°F, and grease a loaf tin.
- Cream together butter, sugar and zest until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, whisking well between each one.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, almond flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually tip the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, whisking on a low speed until just combined.
- Gently stir in the yogurt and vanilla, then fold in the apricots.
- Pour into the loaf tin, and bake for 50-60 mins, or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove and allow to cool. Meanwhile make the icing by combining the powdered sugar with enough lemon juice to make a pourable icing, about 2-3 tbsp total.
- When the cake has cooled, pour over icing, then sprinkle with remaining chopped apricots and zest.
- Slice and serve.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.